Wednesday, May 8, 2013

What I Do...

I'm always curious to know what people do all day. Whenever I worked from home, my day was: Wake up, eat brunch (I like to sleep late..haha), then edit and watch Friends (I seriously watch reruns all the time...if I'm on my computer, I'm most likely watching them in the background), then clean or cook dinner while I wait for Josh to come home. It was pretty boring.

Now that I work at CBS, my day is a little different. Here's a pretty usual day for me:

9:45 - 10:15: Wake up (told you I like to sleep late), get dressed, head to work. I do not take a long time to get ready...I take a shower/bath the night before, so I just brush my teeth, put contacts in, and get dressed. I grab something quick for breakfast (lately it's been cherry Pop-Tarts) and go.

When I get to work, I don't really have a schedule. Each day is different, of course, but I do a lot of the same things.

I help customers on the floor. I sell (I'm currently the top salesperson! P.S. We only have 3 salespeople here, including me and Josh..haha). I answer the phone all day. That thing rings ALL day. I talk to a lot of people who want donations. We get several requests every week...and we try to give as much as we can.

I answer website price requests. I create advertisements for FB and our website. I take photos of new furniture items, edit them, then post them to our website. Josh and I collaborate on marketing and event ideas (we just had a crawfish fest...something I thought of one day after seeing so many posts about crawfish on FB).


 I check bank account balances for the stores daily. I make sure all batch outs post to the accounts. I reconcile each account at the end of every month.


 I pay bills for 3 stores. I input all transactions in Quickbooks. I write payroll checks every week and do all of the taxes.


 Oh, I also get to sit next to this hottie every day!


If I have sessions to edit, I do try to spend some time working on them during the slow times. We rarely take real lunches, Josh and I....we normally eat at our desks while working on other things. We leave around 6:00...grab dinner and, lately, head to Home Depot! Have I mentioned that I'll be glad when this house is done? Oh, I have...

This is 39 gallons of paint. Oh my.

I should also add that I do help my mom out, too. About once a week, I go get plants from one of her vendors about an hour away. That usually takes up half of my day. I'm a busy bee!

What do you do at work? Or home?


2 comments:

  1. So fun getting a peak into your day to day! What would CBS DO without you?!! I love it, you are right where you are supposed to be : )

    PS I can't wait for your house to be done either! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They probably wouldn't exist! Ha! Jk. We will have a party when it's done!

      Delete