Monday, March 18, 2013

Wedding Goods :)

This might seem a little late, but here we go!

I've been wanting to write a post about the details of our wedding. Maybe someone out there cares...but if not, it'll help me remember when I'm old and have no memory. :)

Josh proposed on August 10th. I wanted a fall wedding. We didn't have much time! But, it actually worked out perfectly. I had wanted to get married in or around November. We originally thought of March, but after worrying about weather, we decided November was safer. Another thing was that we had to do it when the furniture store wasn't going to be too busy. We wanted to be able to go on our honeymoon and know that the store would be taken care of. Since I've photographed several weddings and have been a wedding nut since I was a young girl, I really had a lot of it planned in my mind already. I knew I wanted a small wedding. Josh did, too. I also knew I wanted to get married at a location that meant something to us. I mean, I love beautiful churches, but I wanted to be able to have freedom and do things as we wanted to do them, with no time frame or limit. So, long story short, we decided on November 4th at his parents' house (just two doors down from ours). It would be a late afternoon wedding, around 50 people (just close family and friends), and short and sweet! We wanted the day to be about us getting married, not about all the fanfare, but if that's your thing, do it! :) I spent a lot of time on Pinterest and Etsy just gathering ideas. I didn't want to purchase a lot of stuff that wouldn't be used again, so I only got things that I REALLY wanted and that we could still display (art, etc.).

Here are some details:

Colors: Deep Plum, Mustard Yellow, and Teal (teal chosen by Josh due to a tie Jim Halpert was wearing in an episode of The Office)
Burlap and Mason Jars
Rustic, but not too country
Simple



Dress: David's Bridal - I originally looked online for something inexpensive but had no luck. David's Bridal was a no-brainer for me. I knew we didn't want to spend a lot on the dress. I tried on a few (Amy (Josh's sister and my MOH) and I had gone a few months before and tried some on in pre-preparation, so I already knew which were my top contenders) and decided on this one in Ivory. It was very fitting, but I figured I'd do some extra crunches before the wedding and it'd be good! (Please note: I did absolutely NO exercising before the wedding...thank God Josh loves my body the way it is!) If they had ordered one, it wouldn't have arrived in time for the wedding, so I bought the store model and had them tailor it. It was done just in time, after a couple of alteration appointments. I also purchased a different belt/sash that was a little more vintage...I loved my dress!!  

Photography by Captured Simplicity - Amy and I have become good friends since the wedding...she doesn't actually advertise weddings, but she's amazing!!! She did our engagement photos and I love her style!
"Mrs. Good" dress hanger from Bridal Bender on Etsy.


Flowers: Billie Rodgers (at time of order, College Park Flowers in The Woodlands)

Billie has done several of the weddings I've photographed and I love her work! I ordered my bridal bouquet, MOH's bouquet, and a few boutonnieres and corsages. I really just told her what I wanted and she "surprised" me. I was so in love when I saw them. I honestly didn't send her any photos for inspiration and she completely read my mind. They were perfect!! She wrapped them in twine and then a teal ribbon to go with our colors.

 

Chairs, tables, and tablecloths rented from Elegant Beginnings in Humble. 
Catering by Splendora Cafe in Splendora - We had the chicken with the mashed potato bar (my request). They did a great job and even had servers! 


 Fans (because I wanted something Asian for my mom) - some store on Harwin
Potted Mums - Vannee's Bloomin' Yard (my mom's shop)


 Mad Libs (something Josh and I used to do on our earlier dates) - Sweet Potato Shop on Etsy


 Coloring Book for the kids' table - Squishy Cute Designs on Etsy


 Photo Booth Props - Dollar Store...probably in just one trip, I created and printed the sign, purple curtains for backdrop: Ikea


 Favors - Purple mums from my mom's shop. We wrapped them in burlap and twine.


 Hairclip - borrowed. These things are pricey!! I almost bought one, then at a boudoir session (definitely recommend doing one for your fiance or hubby), the photog had this one and let me borrow it! Super sweet!! 

Accessories - I got earrings at Charming Charlie that were perfect for my dress, borrowed my mom's sapphire blue bracelet, garter from Hobby Lobby, and shoes were from DSW.



Hair by Rebekah Conley - message me for info
Makeup by Beauty by Hayli - She did the hair and makeup for the boudoir session and she is amazing!!!



Cake by Joanne - my beautiful sister-in-law! She doesn't do many cakes anymore, but she's great at what she does! She's so creative and her cakes are so yummy!! I actually sent her the inspirational photo (top) and she made it come to life! I loved how it turned out! We did a banana pudding cake (something I crave all the time now) with vanilla and chocolate cupcakes. 




Cake Cutter by Silver Wings Designs - Another new friend!! Carla makes beautiful, personalized pieces. I found the cake set at Kohl's and she engraved it. LOVE it!! This is one of those things that was definitely cool on our wedding day, but will be used for many years to come!


"Best Man" and "Best Dad" engraved pocketknives for Josh's dad and brother: Journey Productions on Etsy - These were a hit...a great gift for the men!


Handkerchiefs for my parents - I bought some plain ones from somewhere (maybe Kohl's or Macy's) and had a friend embroider them with these sayings (that I might have found on Etsy):

Mom,
Today I am a bride.
Tomorrow a wife.
Forever your baby.

I love you,
Victoria
11.04.2012

Dad,
Although I'm all grown up,
Dressed in lace and pearls,
Remember on my wedding day,
I'm still your little girl.

I love you,
Victoria
11.04.2012 

In closing, it was absolutely how I envisioned our wedding. I wouldn't have had it any other way. It started at 4:00 and we left around 6:30. We had a quick ceremony, ate, did cake and toasts, and left in a sea of bubbles. It was the perfect day.

Oh, also...originally it was planned to all be outside, but a couple of days before, it was forecast to rain. So, we made provisions to use Josh's parents' garage. Of course, the weather ended up being beautiful, but the garage was still the perfect spot for the reception. :)


I'm probably forgetting details, but if you have any questions, please let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment