Monday, February 25, 2013

2 years...

Two years ago, on a Friday, I went on a lunch date with a guy. We grew up going to school together. Honestly, I probably wouldn't have thought about dating him in high school. He was a band nerd. I was "popular". And, if it weren't for our moms trying to hook us up, we may have never gone on that date. 

Josh called me on a Thursday. We had been flirting and facebook-stalking each other for a few months, I guess. He finally worked up the nerve to ask me out. I was in the middle of my mid-day bubble bath and saw an unfamiliar phone number pop up on my phone. Against my better judgement, I answered it. Naked and all. Just so y'all know, I don't normally answer the phone while I'm in the bathroom. This was just fate. :)

Our plan was Pizza Hut for lunch. So, I got all dolled up, almost puked a few times, then my nerves and I went to meet Josh. It was a great lunch. We talked about work, family, life, our dreams, how many babies we wanted and where we would travel as we grew old together. Except not that last part. 

I DID tell him about my love for Clay Walker and how he was going to be at the rodeo in the next couple of days. So, later that night, he asked me out again. And that's when it all began...

Happy Dativersary Boo! These have been the best two years of my life. I love you more and more every single day. 







1 comment:

  1. AWWWWW!!! I so remember the bathtub moment..umm I mean I wasn't actually there but I remember you telling me about it. later. haha.

    ReplyDelete