Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pork in the Pot

If you're on Pinterest, first, follow me

Second, you've probably seen this recipe floating around there. Sho nuf, I had to make it. You can find the original link here, but I'll recap for you.

Cinnamon Apple Honey Crock Pot Pork Loin  <-- How's that for a name?? :)

You'll need:

A pork loin (apparently there's a difference between a tenderloin and a regular loin...just get one that doesn't have a lot of fat on it)
Cinnamon
3-4 apples, cut into thinnish slices
Honey
A crock pot (did you see that coming?)
 

Rinse off the meat! (That's what she said.) Sorry. Then, cut slits into it. Drizzle some honey in the slits, then place a slice of apple into it. I used 4 small apples. Do this in all of the slits, then place the loin on top of a bed of apple slices in the crock pot. I also added a little apple juice (maybe 1/2 cup) in case it wanted to dry out, since there weren't any other liquids preventing that. Then, just sprinkle cinnamon over all of it and set the crock pot to 8 hours. 




I made this and gave some to my parents and Josh ate it for dinner. I actually didn't eat any. Not because it was gross or anything...I just wanted a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats for dinner! :) They all said it was good...so I'm going to believe them. The pork did look good with the cinnamon apples though. So try it! Did I take an "after" photo? Nope! Sorry. :( 


No comments:

Post a Comment